Macaroni, Chicken and Cheese Casserole is a very simple, but at the same time hearty and flavorful dish for the whole family. The combination of a side dish of pasta, vegetables with meat is always considered a win-win. In addition, such a dish will be appreciated not only by adults, but also by children. Crispy cheese crust will make the dish even more appetizing and tasty. As the basis of the dish, we need any pasta. It is important that they are made from durum wheat. Such pasta does not boil soft and retain its shape after heat treatment. The shape of the paste can be any – this moment is not fundamental.
Pasta in the casserole will be laid raw! In order for them to reach readiness, they will need to be filled with a special liquid mixture. Filling is prepared on the basis of eggs and milk. Although instead of milk, you can use cream or sour cream diluted with water. The filling will also act as a kind of sauce, which will make the casserole more tender and soft.
What are the nuances you need to know when preparing a casserole with pasta, chicken and cheese?
To prepare the casserole, we need chicken fillet. And it is better to use not the breast, but the thigh. Thigh meat after cooking is more tender and juicy. Therefore, you can take several thighs, from which you will need to cut the flesh from the bone. Any cheese will do. It is important that it does not have foreign flavors and aromas. In this case, the cheese should be laid out at the very end. If you immediately cover the casserole with it, then by the end of the cooking process it will burn. If you immediately covered the casserole with cheese, then you should not despair. It must be covered with foil. The foil must be removed 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
For a variety of taste, various vegetables can be added to the composition of the casserole. You can use traditional onions and carrots, as well as bell peppers and tomatoes. Spices will help balance the taste and make it more intense.
- Thigh fillet – 300 g;
- Pasta – 200 g;
- Milk – 300 ml;
- Chicken egg – 2 pcs. medium size;
- Onion – 1 head;
- Carrots – 1 pc.;
- Hard cheese – 100 g;
- Salt, ground black pepper – to taste;
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Saute the onion in it until soft and translucent. Then add the carrots grated on a medium grater to it. Simmer vegetables until soft;
- Cut the thigh fillet into medium-sized pieces;
- Lubricate the baking dish with vegetable oil. We spread pasta, meat and vegetables in it in layers, alternating with each other;
- In a deep bowl, beat the eggs with milk and spices. Pour our dish with the resulting dressing and send it to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 30 minutes;
- We take the casserole out of the oven, sprinkle it with chopped cheese and cook the dish for another 7 minutes until the cheese melts;
- We cut the finished casserole into portions, arrange on plates and serve. If desired, you can sprinkle it with fresh herbs and add a salad of vegetables.