Among all the cuisines of the world, French stands out for its sophistication and originality. These dishes are tasty, nutritious, beautiful, and therefore desirable on every table. And it is not surprising that French cuisine is strikingly different from the cuisines of other countries, because the French consider cooking a true art. Often, local chefs prepare famous dishes, adding zest to them according to their personal recipe. And such culinary masterpieces turn out to be completely unique.
One of the most famous French dishes is tender Provencal chicken. Its secret lies in the divine, incomparable sauce, which perfectly complements the natural flavor of the chicken. This dish is definitely worth a try, because it will surely please your family and friends.
Cooking Provencal Chicken
Many culinary masterpieces have French roots. Provencal chicken is no exception. This recipe is not difficult, and even a novice hostess can do it. At the same time, its original taste will not leave your guests indifferent. Provencal chicken may well become your signature dish.
- 1400 grams of chicken;
- 3 large tomatoes;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 2 medium onions;
- half a teaspoon of dill or fennel seeds;
- 160 grams of pitted olives;
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil;
- a couple of teaspoons of herbes de Provence seasoning.
- Pre-washed tomatoes should be cut into medium-sized slices. We clean the garlic and chop it smaller.
- Onions should be chopped into half rings of medium thickness.
- We extract the olives from the brine. You can use them whole or cut in half.
- In a medium bowl, mix olives, onions, garlic, tomatoes. Add seasonings and olive oil. Mix well again.
- Mix a teaspoon of Provence herbs, 2 tablespoons of table oil and salt in a separate bowl. This mixture will be used to rub the chicken.
- Wash the chicken, cut it into pieces, then rub it with the previously prepared mixture on all sides. Thoroughly rub the spices into the meat so that it is properly soaked.
- Half of the vegetable mixture should be put in a baking dish. It is better to choose a deeper form. Lay the chicken pieces on top. The third layer is the remaining vegetables.
- We heat the oven to 190-200 degrees. Now we can send our dish to it. At this temperature, bake the chicken for a little more than an hour. After 60 minutes, check the meat for readiness. If it is not ready yet, we send it to the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Provencal chicken is served hot. Due to the presence of vegetables, it can be used as an independent dish. Also, this chicken is great with various side dishes, such as potatoes or porridge. Over time, you can complicate the recipe by adding your own secret ingredients.