Devil curry is a very spicy dish that came about by mixing Asian and European cuisines. It combines an abundance of all kinds of spices, chicken or any other meat, as well as potatoes. The result is a full-fledged hot dish, which is usually served on special occasions when you want to surprise your family and guests. It is important to understand that spicy dishes are never washed down! Otherwise, the sharpness will only increase. They need to be eaten. Therefore, if desired, boiled rice should be served as a second side dish to the table.
As the basis for the curry, we will use a chicken carcass, which will need to be cut into medium-sized pieces. During the heat treatment, the chicken will turn out to be very tender and retain its juiciness. Some cooks prefer to mix several types of meat. For example, in addition to chicken, pork ribs, sausages and other meat products are used. But the most important thing is to understand the principle of cooking, and then you can already experiment. Therefore, we will consider the simplest recipe.
What is in Devil Curry?
Consider the main components that make up the dish. First, there is the chicken itself. We use a chilled medium-sized carcass weighing about 1.5 kg. Separate parts can be used if desired. But it all depends on personal preference. Some cooks prefer to use clean fillets. It is still better to take parts with bones, so that the broth turns out to be more fatty and tender. As for the spicy ingredients, we need chili peppers. Quantity is based on size. If the pepper is large, then we take about 5 peppers. And small chili need 2 times more. Chili pepper has a powerful antibacterial and antiviral effect. It stimulates the gastrointestinal tract.
For spiciness and pungency, we include fresh ginger and garlic in the composition of the dish. These components also have an antiviral effect. During cooking, a simply luxurious aroma will be heard in the kitchen. Therefore, the household will gather at the table long before the end of the cooking time.
- Chicken carcass – 1.5 kg;
- Ginger – 4 cm root;
- Chili pepper – 5 pcs. large size;
- Garlic – 3 cloves;
- Onion – 1 head;
- Coriander – 1 tablespoon;
- Turmeric – ½ tsp;
- Dry mustard – 2 tsp;
- Rice vinegar – 2 tablespoons;
- Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon;
- Cashew – 10 pcs.;
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp;
- Potatoes – 6 pcs. medium size.
- Cut the onion into small cubes, do the same with garlic. We shift half of the prepared mass into a blender bowl and beat until smooth, along with nuts and prepared dry spices. We use everything except mustard;
- In a wok, heat the vegetable oil, fry the pasta in it, which we cooked in a blender;
- After five minutes, lay out the chicken pieces, fry over medium heat for another 5 minutes;
- Now spread the remaining onion with garlic, chopped potatoes. Pour a little water into the pan, cover it with a lid. Stew the dish for 15 minutes;
- Add rice vinegar, soy sauce and mustard to the ingredients. We simmer another 15-20 minutes. The chicken should become very soft and easily separate from the bone;
- We lay out the finished dish on plates and serve to the table.
If you do not like spicy dishes, then be sure to prepare a second side dish. Otherwise, it will be difficult to bring down the sharpness.