During fasting, one has to give up many favorite dishes and delicacies that cannot be eaten during this period of time. However, there is a great alternative to desserts – this is a lean blueberry pie. This pastry is ideal not only for those who fast, but also for vegetarians. The delicacy is prepared quite quickly and simply.
To prepare a blueberry pie, you will need the following set of products.
- Wheat flour – 400 grams;
- Salt – half a teaspoon;
- Granulated sugar – 4 tablespoons;
- Pineapple juice – 80 ml;
- Sunflower oil – 7-8 tablespoons.
- Blueberries – one glass;
- Potato starch – one and a half tablespoons;
- Pineapple juice – 80 ml;
- Cinnamon – half a teaspoon;
- Nutmeg – one pinch;
- Cardamom – 1/4 teaspoon.
- It will take about two hours to prepare a lean blueberry pie.
- To prepare this culinary masterpiece, you can take both fresh berries and frozen ones. In the event that you do not like blueberries or you do not have it, it does not matter, replace it with any other that you like. It is worth noting that the structure of the dough turns out to be quite dense, so it will not be possible to roll it out with a rolling pin, you will have to do everything with your hands. To prepare the dough, packaged pineapple juice is used, if this is not available on the counter, it can be replaced with orange or multifruit. The blueberry pie will be baked in the form, in this case a form with a diameter of 24 centimeters is provided.
- Before you start cooking, you must first prepare the berry – it must be thawed or washed.
- The next step is preparing the filling. We take a bowl or a stewpan, put the prepared berry in it, add granulated sugar, mix everything thoroughly and send it to gas. The fire must be low so that the sugar does not burn.
- We heat the berries until the sugar is completely dissolved. During this time, the blueberries will just release the juice. In order to speed up the process, you can add a little water, about two tablespoons.
- After all the ingredients are ready, add pineapple juice and starch pre-mixed together. After that, the resulting mass must be thoroughly mixed, it should turn out to be cloudy and liquid. We increase the power of the gas and bring to a boil, while not forgetting to stir constantly. After the filling boils, it must be boiled over medium heat for about five minutes. It should turn out moderately thick with a slight sheen.
- As soon as it is ready, remove the container from the gas and let the filling cool down.
- While the berry mass will cool down, we will prepare the dough. We take the pre-sifted flour, salt and granulated sugar, pour them into a deep bowl and mix.
- After that, add juice and sunflower oil here. We start kneading the dough. It should be soft, but not elastic. We roll a ball out of it, cover it with a clean towel and leave it for fifteen to twenty minutes so that it reaches.
- While the dough is resting, turn on the oven and heat it up to one hundred and eighty degrees Celsius. The baking dish of the pie is greased with vegetable oil.
- The finished dough is divided into two parts, one of which should be larger. It is it that will need to be distributed carefully with your hands along the bottom of the form, this is done in such a way that small sides are obtained.
- We shift the cooled filling to the bottom.
- A smaller part of the dough rubs on a grater or crumbles finely, to make it better, you need to put it in the freezer for a few minutes, because a slightly frozen mass will be easier to rub. As a result, the entire surface of the cake will have to be covered with such small crumbs.
- We send the finished cake to a preheated oven for forty to fifty minutes, until it is covered with a beautiful golden brown.
- When the cake is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool a little, otherwise the filling may leak out during cutting. That’s all bon appetit.