You will probably be interested to know that even novice housewives can cook Milanese schnitzel. It is a piece of juicy meat covered with a golden crispy crust, complemented by cheese and fragrant tomato! Schnitzel goes perfectly with any kind of side dish. It can be served with cereals, stewed or fresh vegetables and even pasta! For dinner, you can serve it on your own, decorating only with fresh herbs.
You can use any meat you like! Delicate schnitzel is obtained from pork, chicken and even turkey. It is only important to choose the right part of the carcass. So pork should be moderately fatty, it is advisable to use tenderloin or neck. From a bird, you can take both the breast and the thigh. To make the meat tender, it must be properly prepared. To do this, it is beaten off with a kitchen hammer, and then rolled in spices and aged for several minutes. For the preparation of schnitzel, you can use marinated meat. When using the breast, the pickling process should not be neglected. Otherwise, the schnitzel may turn out dry and tough.
The proven Milanese schnitzel recipe
For the preparation of the schnitzel, we will use pork. Unlike chicken, it turns out to be softer and juicier. Pork is considered an energy-intensive meat. She feeds beautifully. If you want to make pork schnitzel more useful, then it should be supplemented with pickled or fresh vegetables. After preparation, we will roll the meat in breadcrumbs or flour. You can make a more complex breading with crushed corn flakes. You can add chopped nuts to the breading, it will turn out very tasty and unusual.
After frying, the schnitzel will be supplemented with grated hard cheese. We use any cheese. It is important that it does not contain foreign flavors and aromas that can adversely affect the taste characteristics of the finished dish. We will complement the schnitzel with a tomato ring. We use fleshy and ripe tomatoes with a low moisture content in the composition.
- Pork tenderloin – 200 g;
- Tomato – ½ pc.;
- Hard cheese – 70 g;
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.;
- Breadcrumbs – 80 g;
- Flour – 50 g;
- Salt, black ground pepper – to taste;
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp.
- We wash the tenderloin, dry it, cut it into portions, and then beat it with a kitchen hammer, after wrapping it with cling film. Salt and pepper the pieces to taste on both sides, roll in flour, keep warm for 10-15 minutes;
- Whisk the egg in a bowl until smooth. Pour crackers for breading into a separate flat plate;
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. While it is heating, take each piece of tenderloin, dip it in the egg, and then roll in breadcrumbs. Fry the prepared blanks on both sides until golden brown;
- After turning the schnitzel on the other side, sprinkle it with grated cheese and cover with a tomato ring. Close the pan with a lid. We cook the schnitzel for about 4-5 minutes;
- We put the hot schnitzels on a plate, supplement with any side dish and serve immediately after cooking, while the cheese stretches! If you don’t like it when the cheese stretches, you can use parmesan!