How to enable noise cancellation on AirPods Pro on Android
In our article, we have analyzed how to activate the noise reduction of AirPods Pro headphones on Android phones.
If you have purchased the popular AirPods Pro headphones and own an Android smartphone, you must be wondering if the various features of these popular earbuds work on your smartphone. In particular, we are talking about the active noise reduction function, which makes sound reproduction more clear and of high quality. Does AirPods Pro Noise Canceling work on Android, how to turn it on, and what should be considered? We will tell in our material.
What is this noise canceling feature on AirPods Pro?
One of the most anticipated features of the AirPods Pro has been active noise cancellation. Its functionality allows you to block out the noise from the outside when you put on your AirPods Pro. While Active Noise Cancellation cannot completely block out background noise, it can significantly reduce it to an optimal level.
The noise cancellation technique on the AirPods Pro works as follows:
- The external microphone of the earbuds picks up and recognizes extraneous external sounds;
- The electronic earbud system generates inverted waves, allowing you to drown out third-party sounds;
- The internal microphone muffles unwanted sounds in the ear canal.
Another useful and requested feature of the AirPods Pro is the transparency mode.
How to turn on AirPods Pro noise canceling on Android
Activating the AirPods Pro noise canceling feature on Android is quite simple. To do this, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Turn on bluetooth on your Android phone;
- Get an AirPods pro case with AirPods inside. Press and hold the round button on the case for a few seconds.
- You will see "AirPods Pro" in the list of available devices in your phone's bluetooth menu;
- Select the AirPods option from the menu, after which your smartphone will be connected to AirPods Pro. The touch buttons on AirPods Pro become functional as soon as they are connected to your Android device. Now you can use all the regular AirPods pro features, including active noise cancellation;
- To turn on AirPods Pro Active Noise Cancellation on Android, press and hold the touch buttons until the earphones emit a small beep. You will immediately hear that the noise reduction mode is turned on, so its work is very noticeable. Pressing this will toggle Active Noise Cancellation on and off in AirPods Pro.
If your AirPods pro were previously paired with an iPhone, you will need to unpair them before connecting to your Android smartphone. Otherwise, AirPods will not connect to your Android phone.
Difference between AirPods and AirPods Pro
The main difference between AirPods and AirPods pro is that the pro version has advanced features like active noise cancellation and transparency mode. Regular AirPods, while still a decent option for wireless headphones, don't support noise canceling. This feature is not a necessity when it comes to wireless headphones, but is a welcome bonus that improves the overall sound quality.
Should you buy AirPods Pro for Android?
Having figured out how to enable noise reduction on AirPods Pro on Android, we will also figure out whether it is justified to buy AirPods Pro for Android OS. We believe that "AirPods Pro" is not the best buy for your device. AirPods Pro have several quality features that make them competitive with other wireless earbuds on the market. But at the same time, they are created specifically for devices from Apple, although they allow you to connect to Android smartphones. AirPods Pro functionality is reduced when used with an Android device. We recommend that you use other wireless headphones that are more suitable for your phone.