If you and your loved ones are completely delighted with Mediterranean cuisine, then prepare a delicious seafood dish. Polenta with king prawns and bacon is prepared not as long and difficult as it might seem. Even a hostess who is not too experienced in culinary delights will be able to pamper not only herself.
What is polenta?
This is an unusual porridge for us made from corn grits. Polenta is often served pan-fried.
First, it is boiled in slightly salted water. Then spread in a mold and let it harden. The workpiece is cut and fried in olive oil in a pan, baked in the oven or grilled. Here who likes more.
There is one caveat, for polenta with shrimp meat and bacon, you need exactly hot and tender corn porridge. Add bacon and shrimp to it. You will also need hard cheese. The porridge is rich and tasty. It is usually served with a salad of fresh herbs. The most delicious polenta will come from inexpensive coarse corn grits.
Components of a culinary masterpiece
- Raw king prawns, fully peeled – 500-600 gr.;
- Coarse corn grits – 200 gr. (1 glass);
- Water – 6 glasses;
- Not too greasy bacon in one piece – 200 gr.;
- Hard cheese – 100 gr.;
- Fresh garlic – 6 cloves;
- Olive oil – 1-2 tbsp. l.;
- Sweet ground paprika, if you like, smoked paprika is suitable – 1 tsp;
- Ground black pepper – 1 tsp.
Secrets of perfect balance
- Always start polenta with cornmeal porridge.
- Take a large saucepan with a thick bottom. We add water. Bring to a boil. Salt.
- We take a bowl with cereals and a whisk. Pour in a thin stream and stir constantly. 5 min. this process must be repeated so that the polenta comes out crumbly and does not stick to the bottom and walls of the dish.
- 20 minutes. the procedure must be repeated periodically.
- Last 10 min. stir frequently.
- We take bacon. It must be cut into cubes with sides of 2.5-3 cm.
- We clean the garlic from the husk and chop into thin slices.
- On medium heat, put a frying pan with thick walls and a bottom. Add 1 or 2 tbsp. l. olive oil refined and lay out the bacon. Frying is needed to melt excess fat from this high-calorie product. Cook with continuous stirring for 5 minutes. Then turn up the heat and cook for 2 more minutes. for a beautiful golden brown. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Put the garlic and shrimp into the hot sauce. You need to fry for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika, remove from the hot burner and set aside on a cold one.
- Take half of the cooked shrimp meat and cut into small pieces. It should be added to porridge in 10 minutes. until it is fully ready. We also send paprika, fat with paprika there after preparing additional components.
- Three cheese on a coarse grater.
- Ready-made porridge from cornmeal, we lay out in portions. Decorate with shrimp. Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve immediately before it cools down.
Polenta secrets with shrimp and bacon
You can make a light vegetable salad with olive oil. It is easy to season it with “Italian herbs”, “Provencal herbs” or other suitable spices. It would be enough. You will receive not only the necessary proteins, fats and carbohydrates, but also fiber, vitamins and micro and macro elements necessary for health.
You can also decorate the top with finely chopped fresh herbs or whole leaves, twigs without stems. Coarsely ground corn polenta is best, but you can also use finely ground corn. Only you yourself will deprive the dish of a luxurious texture. Then components prepared according to the technology are also added to it. More product needed.
It does not increase in volume during cooking, like the classic version. Strictly follow the recommendations in the instructions on the packaging from the manufacturer.