The pork carbonate delicacy in the oven, the recipes of which are quite diverse, can be prepared at home. Although initially this meat dish, whose name is of French origin, was called a piece of pork, well fried on coals or baked in such a simple way.
Yes, you can cook a pork loin delicacy without any problems, it is much easier to do this than choosing a piece of meat suitable for such a dish. We will consider the subtleties of the process of preparing meat carbonate further, and also get acquainted with the recipes for this hearty dish that will not leave anyone indifferent.
Carbonate in the oven
To prepare the most delicate pork carbonate, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg. pork loin;
- A few cloves of garlic;
- 2 apples;
- 3-4 pcs. bay leaf;
- 2 tbsp mustard;
- 2 tablespoons salt;
- 1 tsp allspice;
- Ground black pepper.
- We begin the preparation of carbonate by making a fragrant brine. To do this, in a volume of water of about 1.5 liters, we dilute 2 tbsp. salt, add bay leaf and allspice. Bring the liquid to a boil. Then let it cool down completely.
- Immerse pork in chilled brine for 2 hours, overnight.
- When the meat is salted, we take it out of the water, and remove the remaining liquid with a paper towel, napkin.
- Now let’s prepare the meat for baking. Let’s take the garlic, which was previously peeled and cut into thin slices, and stuff the pork with it. Next, grease with a thin layer of mustard, and then sprinkle with spices and black pepper on all sides.
- Now we proceed to the formation of a round slice of meat. To do this, take the culinary thread and wrap the meat carbonate.
- We cut the washed apples into thin slices, which we spread on the foil in the form of a thin layer. Next, lay out the pork. Top and sides – a layer of apples.
- We wrap the meat with apples in foil so that it turns out very tightly and there are no gaps. Wrap the top with a second layer of foil to secure. We put the resulting piece of meat on a baking sheet so that the seam is on top. This will prevent the juices from leaking during the baking of the carbonate.
- We put the meat in the oven already preheated to 220 degrees for 50-60 minutes. We leave the carbonate in the switched off oven to walk for about 30-40 minutes.
- We take the meat out of the oven, remove the foil and remove the layer of apples. Serve carbonate to the table warm or chilled, pre-cut and garnished with fresh herbs. This version of the meat dish is especially good for sandwiches.
It is best to bake pork chop in a huge piece. Of course, it must first be carefully selected from the assortment that is offered on store shelves. The meat must be fresh, preferably without streaks and fat.
Carbonade is also prepared in a large piece, warm meat can be served with the main meal, and what remains can be used for sandwiches. The main secret of fragrant spicy meat is spices.
Rosemary and basil, as well as suneli hops, fenugreek, parsley, emphasize the taste of meat best of all. In general, their choice is a matter of taste, give preference to those spices that you use and are loved by all family members.
Carbonate with spices in the oven
So, for carbonade in the oven, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1.5 kg. pork (carbonade);
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 4 tsp thyme;
- Lemon peel;
- 4 tsp olive oil;
- Salt pepper.
- We start cooking pork chop by preparing the meat and marinating it.
- First of all, we wash the piece of pork and remove the remaining liquid with a paper towel. Let the meat dry out a bit.
- At this time, we begin to prepare the marinade. To do this, in a separate container, mix pre-chopped garlic, spices, add lemon zest, salt and allspice to taste. Add the olive oil last and gently stir the mixture.
- The next step is to carefully spread our marinade on a piece of meat, trying to evenly distribute it over its entire surface. If you have time, you can leave the carbonade to absorb the aroma of spices. If time is running out – take the foil and cover it with a piece of pork from all sides.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. We put a baking sheet with meat wrapped in foil in a preheated oven for 1.5 hours.
- We take the meat out of the oven. Let cool slightly, then remove the foil and transfer the pork to a cutting board. When the meat has cooled down a bit, we cut it into portioned pieces and serve it to the table.
The meat prepared according to this recipe is juicy and tender, while its preparation does not take much time and effort. Everything is extremely simple. It is important to choose fresh pork and those spices that will make it taste special.
Pork chop in the abdomen
The peculiarity of this dish is that the pork meat is baked not in a sleeve or in foil, but in the skin, which should completely cover the carbonate. For cooking you will need the following ingredients:
- 1.5 kg. pork (boneless);
- 0.5 kg. pork peritoneum;
- A bunch of fresh herbs;
- 5-6 garlic cloves;
- Hot red pepper;
- Ground fenugreek;
- Ground pepper (black);
- We prepare the meat and the peritoneum, which must be cleaned from the skin. Then cut it into long slices so as to completely wrap a piece of pork carbonate.
- Now back to the meat. We wash it thoroughly and dry it. Then sprinkle with spices and salt on all sides.
- Next, prepare the garlic. When the cloves are cleaned, proceed to cut them into small pieces. We also carefully chop fresh herbs and combine it with already prepared garlic. Lubricate the piece of meat with the resulting mixture.
- Now we form our roll. We wrap a piece of meat already smeared with spices and spices in prepared pieces of peritoneum, for reliability, we fix them on top with culinary thread. Now the meat is almost ready for heat treatment.
- It remains to let him absorb the aroma of spices and spices. To do this, leave it in a cool dry place for 4-5 hours, you can overnight.
- In an oven preheated to 200 degrees, we put a well-marinated carbonate, previously laid out in a baking dish.
- The baking time is 2 hours. The finished dish can be removed from the oven and allowed to cool slightly.
The advantage of cooking carbonade in pork belly is that the meat is very juicy. It does not dry out during the baking process, but absorbs the entire palette of taste and aroma of the spices and seasonings used.
It is also convenient that the pork in the peritoneum does not need to be turned over while it is in the oven, it does not need to be watered with the secreted juice. Just put it in the oven and forget it. They got a ready-made meat dish, which will become the main highlight of any feast: at least in the family circle, at least to meet dear guests during a solemn feast.
Features of cooking carbonate at home
Of course, meat carbs can be easily bought at any grocery store today. And then you should not bother at all, choosing a piece of pork, spices for the marinade and studying the features of roasting meat. However, the beauty of the homemade version is that you will be completely confident in its quality, the absence of vegetable protein, various preservatives and flavor enhancers, which are often used by industrial production.
The key to a delicious carbonate is the observance of the following important nuances:
- Choosing a good and fresh piece of meat;
- Thorough marinating of meat, which must be done in advance;
- Using foil, sleeves or baking paper for cooking, which will allow the meat to bake evenly and not burn;
- Aromatic spices (not seasoning for meat, namely those that you love, for example, thyme, basil, rosemary, suneli hops, etc.).
To cook tasty and tender meat from pork carbonate, be sure to follow these recommendations:
- Choose fresh meat in one piece, preferably boneless and veinless. This is a guarantee that the finished dish will meet your expectations.
- Marinate the meat ahead of time. Do not forget that pork sprinkled with spices, salt and spices should have time to absorb the entire palette of taste and aroma, which is at least 2-4 hours. Better – more, you can marinate the meat in the evening, and cook the next day.
- Choose carefully spices and seasonings for pork carb. Their taste and aroma determine what the finished dish will be like.
- For baking, choose the option that is more convenient for you. The most common options are foil or baking sleeve. It will take a little longer to bake the carbonate in the pork belly, but the meat cooked in this way is especially tender and juicy.
- Pork carbonate can be served at the table as a main meat dish with any side dish. It goes well with vegetable cuts and salads, and will also be an excellent basis for various sandwiches.
You can diversify meat carbonate if, during the cooking process, wrap a piece of pork in bacon, raw peritoneum or brisket. It turns out a completely different taste and interesting presentation.