The aroma of homemade cakes is always mesmerizing. What could be better for breakfast on a Sunday morning? Or instead of dessert on the festive table? Fresh, rich, fluffy buns are the right solution, especially since even the youngest housewife can cope with their preparation.
- got its name from a variety of cinnamon
- the original recipe is kept secret
- The first bakery opened in 1985 in the USA
Useful properties of cinnamon:
- powerful antioxidant
- lowers blood sugar levels
- improves digestion
- lowers bad cholesterol levels
- burns excess fat, promotes weight loss
- acts as a sedative
To prepare the dough:
- egg – 2 pcs.
- milk – 200 ml.
- sugar – 70 g.
- dry yeast – 6 g.
- butter – 80 g.
- wheat flour – 600 g.
To prepare the filling:
- sugar – 150 g.
- butter – 100 g.
- cinnamon – 3 tsp
To prepare the cream:
- lemon zest – 1 teaspoon
- ricotta cheese – 200 g.
- milk – 50 ml.
- sugar – 120 g.
- fresh raspberries – 12-15 pcs.
Step by step recipe
Knead the dough:
- Remove all the ingredients for making buns from the refrigerator to the work surface so that they warm up.
- slightly warm the milk in a saucepan, add 1 teaspoon of sugar and add yeast, if you are used to cooking with pressed yeast, you will need 20 grams
- leave the mass in a warm place to activate the yeast for 15 minutes
- sift the premium wheat flour into another container, add salt
- in a separate container, mix eggs with sugar, add melted butter, pour in a mixture of milk and yeast, mix with a whisk or fork
- add flour in small portions and knead the dough until an elastic lump is formed that will not stick to your hands or to the surface of the table
- cover the dough with cling film and put in a warm place to rise
- after 30 minutes, transfer the dough to the table, knead well again, wrap in a film and leave for another 30 minutes
Let’s get stuffing:
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar
- the butter should melt well so that it can be easily spread on the surface of the raw dough
Let’s move on to cream.
- transfer soft cheese such as ricotta or philadelphia to a bowl
- add sugar or powdered sugar, it will dissolve faster, mix
- peel the zest from the surface of one lemon with a fine grater, wash the lemon with a brush and dry with a towel, add to the cream
- adjust the density of the cream with milk, it should not be too thick or too liquid, the consistency of thick sour cream is necessary
- flour a silicone mat or work surface
- divide the dough into 2 parts
- Roll out one part into a rectangular layer, about 0.5 cm thick.
- brush liberally with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture
- roll into a roll
- cut into pieces about 5 centimeters thick
- place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper so that the cut is on top
- do the same with the second part of the test
- from the amount of these ingredients you should get about 12-15 buns
- cover with a towel and leave for 10 minutes in a warm place
- turn on the oven to heat up
- place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the buns for 25 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees
- after the Cinnabons are baked, take out, cool slightly and grease with prepared lemon cream on top
- garnish with fresh raspberries
Leave the buns to cool completely under a cotton or linen towel, make fresh tea or coffee, you can offer the kids a mug of milk. The unusual creamy aroma of fresh pastries, cinnamon, lemon will spread throughout the house, you definitely won’t have to invite to the table many times.