With the arrival of spring and the onset of warm sunny days, it is very difficult to stay at home on a day off, and you just want to get out to the country, out of town for a picnic. During the winter, we missed delicious fried meat, barbecue and ribs. And of course, everyone lacked juicy greens, from which, without putting too much effort, you can cook chic universal sauces.
A sauce very similar to pesto, but with its characteristic pungency and sour taste, very widely used in America, fresh, juicy, and very healthy. For cooking, only fresh ingredients are used, which are not subjected to heat treatment in the process. The sauce can be eaten immediately or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- parsley – 1 bunch
- cilantro – 1 bunch
- oregano – 2 sprigs
- hot chili pepper – 1 pod
- hot ground pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- shallots – 1 pc.
- garlic – 3 cloves
- olive oil – 120 ml.
- wine vinegar – 60 ml.
- ground black pepper
Step by step recipe:
- remove the onion and garlic from the husk and chop very finely with a knife
- Rinse parsley, cilantro and oregano in running water and dry, chop with a blender or food processor
- chili peppers, peeled from membranes and seeds and finely chopped
- combine all products in one bowl
- salt, pepper, add wine vinegar and olive oil, mix well
- if the sauce is too thick, add a little boiled cold water and mix well again
Chimichurri sauce is great for a picnic, it goes well with any meat, it can be used to marinate vegetables, spread on bread or hot dogs and burgers.
Caucasian red sauce
- tomato paste – 3 tbsp. spoons
- water – 150 ml.
- parsley – 5 sprigs
- greens – basil – 5 branches
- green onion shoots – 5 pcs.
- dill greens – 5 sprigs
- common onion – 1 pc.
- garlic – 4 cloves
- sea salt to taste
- ground coriander – 0.5 tsp
- hops-suneli – 0.5 tsp
- ground ginger – 0.5 tsp
Step by step recipe:
- Rinse the greens well in cold water, shake off excess moisture and chop finely.
- mix tomato paste with water in a small saucepan and put on fire to boil
- Peel and chop the onion, add to tomato water, cook for 5 minutes
- add salt and all dry spices, turn off the heat
- put all the chopped greens, mix
- pass the garlic through the press directly into the total mass
Mix the sauce well, cover and leave to cool, then transfer to a gravy boat and serve with meat. The red Caucasian sauce will definitely have its admirers. If you want, you can make it spicier by adding black or red ground pepper.
A day off spent in the fresh air, in the circle of a good company of friends or colleagues, with a delicious juicy kebab will bring you only positive emotions and set you up for a positive fruitful work week. Fill your body with only positive and high-quality, healthy food.