If the guests are “on the doorstep” and the refrigerator is empty, then you can cook a quick cabbage pie, which is prepared according to the aspic principle. The advantage of such baking is that the dough does not knead for a long time. He does not need time to “approach”. All that is needed is to mix all the ingredients and send them to the oven for baking. The dough will be quite liquid. You should not be afraid of this, as it will seize during the baking process. In any case, before removing the cake from the oven, it must be checked for readiness with a toothpick.
The filling dough is very easy to prepare. Absolutely any fermented milk drinks, sour cream, mayonnaise and even classic yogurt can serve as the basis. We use regular flour. But more useful pastries are obtained from whole grain flour. In this case, part of the flour can be replaced with semolina. In general, there are a huge number of options for preparing the base. You just need to experiment and work with what is in the refrigerator at the moment.
How to make a quick cabbage pie?
We will look at the easiest recipe for cabbage pie. To prepare it, we need a minimum set of components. Cabbage is suitable for both young and mature. In the latter case, it must be chopped and ground together with salt until soft. Grated carrots and onions can be added to the filling. If you want to make the cake more saturated in taste, then the filling should be stewed until soft. Only after the filling has cooled down, you can mix it with the dough.
Cabbage pies are not only tasty, but also healthy. Cabbage has a lot of minerals, vitamins and vegetable fiber, which has a beneficial effect on digestion and helps to remove toxins from the body. Cabbage can be used not only fresh. Sauerkraut is also great. In this case, the cake will turn out with a slight sourness. If desired, grated cheese can be added to the cabbage, which will melt and give an unusual texture to the pie.
- Fresh cabbage – 300 g;
- Sour cream 15% – 200 g;
- Chicken egg – 2 pcs.;
- Wheat flour – ½ tbsp.;
- Baking powder – ½ tsp;
- Parsley – a few branches;
- Salt, ground black pepper – to taste;
- Vegetable oil – 1 incomplete tablespoon;
- Hard cheese – 70 g.
- Put sour cream in a deep cup, add chicken egg, spices to it. Beat the ingredients until smooth with a whisk;
- In a separate cup, mix all the dry ingredients, and then send them to the liquid ones. It is important to simply mix the ingredients evenly so that there are no flour lumps;
- Chop the cabbage into thin slices. Salt it a little, and then rub it with your hands until the juice appears. Add chopped parsley to the filling;
- Cut the cheese into small cubes or rub on a medium grater. We send it to the dough and mix;
- Lubricate the baking dish with vegetable oil. We spread half of the cooked dough into it, then we place the filling, which we fill with the remaining dough;
- We send the pie to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 35-40 minutes. We check readiness with a wooden skewer or a toothpick;
- Let the toasted pie cool, then remove it from the mold, and then cut into portions and serve. Baking will be the perfect complement to a glass of milk, kefir or a cup of tea!