Chicken meatballs with green pasta are a very bright and nutritious dish. Special attention should be paid to its nutritional value. The fact is that chicken is considered a complete source of protein, which is absorbed by the body by 90%. It is included in the diet during various diseases, when compiling a menu for dietary and sports nutrition. Chicken meat has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, does not overload the heart and blood vessels.
To prepare meatballs, we need minced chicken. You can buy it or twist it yourself. In the latter case, it is necessary to take the pulp of the breast and thighs. So the stuffing will be juicy and tender. If only the breast is used, then vegetables should be added to the meatballs, which will soften the dryish meat.
Chicken Meatballs with Green Paste: A simple dish for every day!
Unlike traditional cutlets, meatballs are small in size. They can be rolled for future use and stored in the refrigerator to defrost and cook if necessary. Meat balls are prepared only from minced meat, in which you can add spices and a little cheese for juiciness. Most often, they are fried in a pan until golden brown, and then baked in the oven until cooked. The frying process can be omitted. In this case, the calorie content of meatballs can be reduced.
We will give green color to the pasta with the help of vegetables. To do this, we need broccoli, which must be brought to readiness, chopped and mixed with finished pasta. For piquancy, add basil to the paste, which will give not only a characteristic flavor, but also a pleasant aroma.
- Minced chicken breast and thigh – 500 g;
- Parmesan – 50 g in minced meat + 60 g in pasta;
- Garlic – 2 cloves + 2 cloves to taste;
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.;
- Breadcrumbs – 2 tablespoons;
- Provence herbs – 1 tsp;
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp;
- Salt, black ground pepper – to taste;
- Pasta – 200 g;
- Broccoli – 300 g;
- Basil – 5 branches;
- Sunflower oil – 4 tbsp.
- Put the minced chicken, minced garlic, grated parmesan on a fine grater, spices and a chicken egg into a deep plate. We bring the mass to a homogeneous state. With wet hands, we form small balls from it, which we roll in breadcrumbs;
- We disassemble the broccoli into inflorescences, salt, pepper, sprinkle with sunflower oil and mix thoroughly;
- We cover the baking sheet with parchment paper, on which we lay the meatballs at some distance from each other on one side, and broccoli on the other;
- We send our dish to the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 30 minutes;
- At this time, in a sufficient amount of lightly salted water, boil the pasta. The cooking time should be as indicated by the manufacturer on the package;
- We throw the pasta into a colander, let the excess water drain, sprinkle it with a small amount of olive oil;
- Place the basil in a bowl along with the garlic, parmesan and cooked broccoli. Punch the mass with a blender. It should turn into a paste. If the sauce is thick, then it can be diluted with a small amount of water that remained when cooking pasta;
- Mix green paste with pasta;
- We spread the cooked pasta on plates, supplement it with meatballs and serve!