Cheese chops are considered a win-win second course, which are served with almost any side dish. Chops are usually made with chicken, turkey, or pork. From any type of meat, the dish turns out delicious. The fragrant cheese crust makes the chop more appetizing. Meat should be of medium fat content. So when using chicken, it is better to work with the thigh. Chicken breast is easy to dry out, so it is often marinated to keep it juicy. If you are afraid to spoil the dish, then it is better to work with pork. It has a fair amount of fat. Therefore, it is quite difficult to overdry it.
For the preparation of pork chop, it is desirable to use a loin, a hip part or a thigh. Excess fat must be cut off. Otherwise, the chop will turn out too greasy and unpleasant. Again, if the dish is baked with vegetables, then the fat can be left. When rendered, it will saturate the vegetables and make them more tender.
Secrets of cooking chop with cheese
Unfortunately, it is not always possible to use a suitable piece of meat for cooking. But there is a secret that will allow you to cook a juicy chop from any meat. First, the pieces should be marinated. The marinade will soften the fibers and make them tender. Secondly, before baking, the chops are fried for literally 2 minutes on each side until a golden crust appears, which seals all the meat juices inside! You can also fry meat in batter.
To give the finished dish juiciness, it is not necessary to use mayonnaise or any other sauce. Under the cheese layer, you can put slices of tomato. Tomatoes release juice, which will make the pork tender and juicy. If the dish is planned to be served at the festive table, then the tomatoes must be peeled.
- Pork loin – 600 g;
- Hard cheese – 150 g;
- Tomatoes – 2 pcs. medium size;
- Onion – 1 head;
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons;
- Salt, black ground pepper – to taste;
- Fresh herbs – a few sprigs / optional;
- Chicken egg – 2 pcs. (if you plan to fry the chop in batter).
- We wash the pork, dry it, cut it into pieces about 2 cm thick. Cover each layer with cling film and beat it with a kitchen hammer;
- Roll each piece in flour and then in beaten egg. If the batter is not planned to be made, then we simply omit this procedure;
- Fry pork in hot butter on each side for a couple of minutes until golden brown;
- Put the pieces on a baking sheet;
- Cut the onion into quarters, peel the tomato and cut into rings. Grind greens arbitrarily;
- For each piece of pork lay out a little onion, herbs, a few rings of tomato. Top with shredded cheese;
- We send our blanks to the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes. The final cooking time depends on the thickness of the pieces and the characteristics of the oven;
- Serve hot chops to the table immediately after cooking. They can be supplemented with mashed potatoes, rice, buckwheat, pasta.