One of the most famous and beloved Italian desserts – a delicious tiramisu cake, we are preparing today according to a classic simple step-by-step recipe. No baking, no hassles or hassles. After preparing the dessert, the main thing will remain unchanged: the most delicious and delicate coffee cake just melts in your mouth and amazes with its incredible aroma!
Total prep time: 10 minutes plus chill time
4 fresh eggs (separate yolks from whites)
100 g granulated sugar
200 g mascarpone
2 cups strong espresso (room temperature)
24 savoiardi cookies (or ladyfingers shortbread cookies)
Cocoa powder (for sprinkling)
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Using a whisk or mixer in a medium bowl, beat the yolks, gradually adding sugar, until a thick, airy, homogeneous and light mixture is obtained.
3. Gently fold the mascarpone cheese into the egg mixture with a spatula and set it aside for a while.
4. In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff (but not dry) peaks.
5. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the cheese-egg mixture, half volume at a time, then set it aside for a while.
6. Pour the strong coffee into a wide, shallow bowl and dip a few savoiardi biscuits in the coffee for a while so that they become moist but do not lose their shape.
7. Arrange the moist cookies in a single layer on a large serving dish or baking dish.
8. Top the savoiardi cookies with a layer of mascarpone cream.
9. Then sprinkle the dessert evenly with a little cocoa powder.
10. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up, finishing the Italian dessert with a layer of mascarpone cream garnished with cocoa.
11. Place the homemade classic tiramisu in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until completely cooled and firm.
12. Serve this delicious Italian dessert chilled and enjoy!
The coffee dessert contains mascarpone cheese and raw eggs, so be careful not to leave it at room temperature for too long.
1. You can replace cocoa powder with grated dark chocolate.
2. Add 1 tsp. alcohol in the espresso before soaking the savoiardi biscuits.
3. For a lighter version of the dessert, replace the mascarpone cheese and eggs with four cups of natural yogurt.
4. Add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. lemon zest in mascarpone cream.
5. Top the finished tiramisu with a few coffee beans.