If you want to please your family or guests with an unusual cake, we recommend preparing a honey cake with a delicate curd cream. The taste is not the same as that of baked goods prepared according to the classic recipe.
It’s all about the cream. It is prepared from cottage cheese cream with the addition of honey and nut crumbs. They give new notes to this dessert.
The main advantage of this particular recipe is that there is no heavy cream in the cream, they are insanely high in calories and not everyone loves them. We have replaced this component with natural yogurt and cottage cheese. The amount of yogurt should be adjusted according to the properties of the curd. The cream should not be liquid, although be sure to keep the properties of fluidity.
Cake step by step
What components do we need?
- Chicken eggs – 3 pcs.;
- Sugar – 1.5 cups;
- Butter – 100 gr.;
- Any kind of honey – 6 tbsp. l.;
- Wheat flour – 3-4 cups;
- Soda – 1 tsp;
- Cottage cheese – 800 gr.;
- Natural yogurt – 300 ml;
- Chopped walnut kernels – 1 cup.
You will receive 8 to 10 servings.
We recommend following a simple step-by-step cooking algorithm:
- First, prepare the base for the cake in the form of cakes. To do this, we need 3 chicken eggs, half a glass of granulated sugar, 100 gr. Pre-softened butter, 3 tbsp. l. honey, 1 tsp soda and about 3.5 cups flour in / s.
- We break the eggs into a separate container and gently beat with sugar using a whisk or blender.
- Now you can add soft butter.
- Put honey.
- Place the bowl in a water bath. Add soda and mix thoroughly.
- We are waiting for the moment when the mass becomes homogeneous, darkens a little and foam appears. Now you can remove the mixture from the water bath.
- Add flour in batches, mix gently. The formation of lumps must not be allowed.
- We divide the dough into approximately equal parts.
- Each piece should be rolled out on parchment for baking and cut to your shape.
- Cakes should be baked for about 5 minutes in an oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Ready bases for the cake must be cooled. Scraps of dough should also be laid out on a baking sheet and baked. Of these, then, if desired, you can make a sprinkle, just grind it.
- Take: yogurt, cottage cheese, 3 tbsp. l. honey, 1 glass of granulated sugar, nuts. Now let’s prepare a delicious and delicate cream for dessert.
- Put cottage cheese in a container, add granulated sugar, honey and sugar. Mix everything until smooth.
- Add chopped walnut kernels.
- Now it’s time to assemble the cake. Alternate cakes with layers of cream.
- The finished cake should be gently smeared with cream on top.
- We send it to the refrigerator so that the cakes are soaked. This will take about 4 hours.
- Oven-baked trimmings can be shredded and sprinkled on top of the cake. For a more elegant look. Especially if the cake is prepared for the festive table, do not be too lazy to purchase confectionery decorations and bright sprinkles suitable for the occasion.
Tips from experienced confectioners: natural non-fat cottage cheese is good for making cream. It is he who will give the cream in combination with honey, nuts and yogurt an unforgettable taste; if you want the taste of cottage cheese not to be obvious, then it is better to prepare the cream with a blender. Simply mixing with a spoon or whisk will not give such an effect; in order for the cake butter to soften naturally, the packaging must first be removed from the refrigerator and left in the kitchen. So it will quickly reach the desired consistency without your direct intervention; For the New Year’s table, you can decorate the cake in a special way. Look for snow-white stars made of white chocolate or caramel in special pastry shops. You can find stars and sweet numbers.