Smoked bacon with potatoes is the perfect combination. The dish turns out to be quite high-calorie and very satisfying. There are many ways to combine these ingredients in one recipe. Most often, whole tubers are prepared, which are sandwiched with slices of bacon or put pieces of smoked meat inside as a filling. In the simplest version, the bacon is fried in a dry frying pan, so you can melt the excess fat. And then laid out to the potatoes, which can be baked in the oven, mashed or simply boiled.
If you want to make the dish more healthy, then complement the potatoes with bacon with fried eggs and croutons. You can also add a second side dish. Boiled cauliflower or cabbage in batter is perfect. When preparing stuffed tubers, add a meat or fish component to the dish. So on the table there will be a full-fledged second course with a hearty side dish.
How to cook bacon with potatoes?
We will cook bacon with potatoes in the form of boats. To do this, we need large tubers, which should be thoroughly washed with a sponge and brush. It is important for us that there is no earth and other contaminants on the surface, since we will cook potatoes in their uniforms. The tubers must be cut lengthwise into 2 equal parts. We will bake them. Baked potatoes are considered the most useful, as they contain a large amount of potassium, which is necessary for the cardiovascular system. In addition, it is rich in carbohydrates and starch. Therefore, a serving of potatoes will help satisfy the feeling of hunger for a long time.
Despite the high fat content, bacon also improves the functioning of the heart and blood vessels. Most importantly, eat it in limited quantities. To reduce fat content, bacon is fried in a dry frying pan. In addition, it is better to choose a product that is low in fat and more meat. Potatoes with bacon will turn out much tastier if they are baked with cheese. We need a hard cheddar-type cheese.
- Potatoes – 4 pcs. big size;
- Bacon – 6 slices;
- Onion – ½ head;
- Sour cream – 1 tbsp.;
- Hard cheese – 100 g;
- Salt, black pepper – to taste;
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp;
- Garlic – 2 cloves.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and then dry them with a paper towel. We make punctures on the surface of the tubers with a fork. Spray potatoes with olive oil and salt. We spread the whole tubers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and send to bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour. The potatoes should be soft and almost cooked through;
- Cut the bacon into small cubes and send to fry in a dry cold frying pan. We take out the bacon with a slotted spoon and put it on paper towels to absorb excess fat;
- In the pan where the bacon was cooked, fry the onion, cut into small cubes. After a couple of minutes, add the garlic, passed through the press. Simmer vegetables for another 2-3 minutes;
- Cut the cooled potatoes lengthwise into two equal parts. Remove the pulp with a teaspoon. We work carefully so as not to damage the walls;
- We send the taken out potato mass to the fried onions and garlic. Add sour cream, some grated cheese and bacon to the filling. Gently mix the mass, salt and pepper;
- Put the stuffing in the potato halves. Sprinkle the remaining hard cheese on top;
- We send our blanks to bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes;
- Serve potatoes with bacon to the table hot! To reduce fat content, you can supplement the dish with a salad of fresh vegetables and herbs.