Who doesn’t love to treat themselves to a piece of delicate layer cake? Especially if it is prepared with your own hands, in your own kitchen, with love and warm feelings.
To prepare the dough:
- sour cream – 300 ml.
- butter – 150 g.
- flour – 4 cups
To prepare the custard:
- milk – 1 liter
- sugar – 300 g.
- chicken egg – 4 pcs.
- flour – 2 tbsp. spoons
- rum – 1 tbsp. spoon
- coconut flakes – 3 tbsp. spoons
- chocolate – 150 g.
- raspberries for decoration
Step by step recipe:
- Remove the butter to a work surface in advance so that it has time to soften slightly.
- chop into pieces, mix in a deep bowl with sour cream and sifted wheat flour
- knead the dough, in consistency it should resemble dough for dumplings
- divide into 12 equal parts, roll into balls, put on a cutting board, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour
- after a while, sprinkle the table with flour and roll each ball of dough into a round layer
- using a plate, cut a round blank with a diameter of 22-24 centimeters
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper, carefully transfer the cake, pierce the entire surface with a fork
- bake leftovers and trimmings of cakes, for sprinkling
- preheat the oven to 190 degrees, bake cakes for 7-10 minutes
- put the baked blanks on the table, cool
- meanwhile, heat the milk to a temperature of 40-50 degrees
- In a bowl, mix eggs, sugar and flour, beat with a mixer until smooth
- constantly stirring the mass, add all the milk
- put on medium heat, cook until thickened, stirring constantly so that the cream does not burn
- remove from heat, transfer soft butter in small portions to the total mass, while constantly whisking, add rum
- it will turn out very tender, fragrant, but at the same time it will keep its shape well
- on a wide dish with a flat bottom, put 1 spoonful of cream and set the first cake
- grease generously and cover with a second cake
- do the same with the rest of the blanks
- finely break the fragments and trimmings of the cakes, mix with the rest of the cream and coat the edges of the cake
- melt the chocolate in the microwave, pour on top, decorate the sides with coconut flakes
Leave the cake for soaking in the refrigerator for 12 hours, decorate with raspberries before serving.
Layered cake in a pan
- condensed milk – 300 ml.
- chicken egg – 2 pcs.
- baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- premium flour – 350 g.
- custard – 500 g.
- fresh berries – 100 g.
- hazelnuts – 100 g.
Step by step recipe:
- First you need to prepare the custard, as indicated in the recipe above.
- then, take a deep bowl and knead the dough, for this, combine the egg with condensed milk, baking powder and half the flour, mix
- add the rest of the flour gradually, it may turn out to be a lot or a little, be guided by the consistency, the dough should come together in a lump, be elastic, but pliable and roll out well
- Sprinkle the surface of the table with flour, divide the dough into 8 equal parts
- roll out, cut out the shape of the cake, put in a pan and fry until golden brown on both sides
- put on the table, cool
- put the cake on a plate with wide sides, grease with custard, decorate with fresh berries and chopped hazelnuts
Put in the refrigerator for impregnation for 10-12 hours.
Cut into slices and serve with hot tea or coffee.