It is believed that real barbecue is prepared from lamb. But the wide popularity of this dish has made some adjustments. And no less pleasure from the amazing taste, appetizing aroma will give pork kebab. To cook the perfect meat, it is important to choose the right part of the carcass and choose the right marinating sauce. How to do this – find out from the publication.
What is the best meat for barbecue?
- To get a delicious pork kebab in the minimum marinating time, use a neck or neck. These parts of the carcass are riddled with fat. It melts on contact with high temperatures, making the meat juicy.
- An alternative to the neck can be: brisket, loin or lumbar.
- It is undesirable to cook pork skewers based on a ham or shoulder blade. These parts usually come out dry and hard. If, nevertheless, parts of meat without streaks of fat are used, marinate the pieces in a fatty marinade (creamy, oily).
- Choose your meat carefully, don’t buy what you doubt the quality of. The best pork kebab recipe is obtained from fresh meat with a neutral odor and a uniform pink color.
- If you have to use frozen meat, thaw it first in the refrigerator. The slower the defrosting process takes place, the more it will retain its taste and nutritional qualities.
What sauce and how to use for pickling?
To cook a delicious pork skewers, marinade recipes can be used absolutely everything possible. First of all, it is a combination of such popular products as onions, lemon juice, spices, sauces and dressings. Under the action of natural acid, the fibers soften, the finished meat is tender.
The easiest option is to use onion, lemon juice and spices that are most appealing to meat according to your taste. A spicy recipe for a delicious pork kebab will be made by both fresh herbs and dried, adjika, allspice. The main thing is to follow the rule: the older the pork, the longer it must be kept in the marinade.
Lemon barbecue marinade
Using lemons, even a novice cook will make their best pork skewers recipe. But it will also easily spoil the dish if you use too much of the main ingredient. So be sure to keep the proportions.
- 1.5 kg. collar;
- 2 lemons;
- 5 large bulbs;
- 1-2 tsp ground pepper mixtures;
- Salt to taste;
- 2 tsp chopped basil.
How to cook:
- To prepare the most delicious pork skewers recipe, cut the meat into small pieces.
- Use enamel or glassware that does not oxidize.
- Put the pieces of meat in a container, sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil.
- Dried leaves can be replaced with fresh leaves.
- Wash the lemons, cut in half, squeeze the juice over the meat.
- Cut the halves of the lemon pulp in half, put to the meat to make a fragrant pork kebab. We continue the recipe with the preparation of the onion.
- Peel the onion, wash, cut into rings. Add to meat.
- Salt is recommended to be added during the frying process. If you add it to the marinade, the meat can become tough.
- Marinate fresh pork meat in such ingredients for no more than 3 hours.
Shish kebab marinated with mayonnaise
If you plan to cook pork skewers at home from tough meat, prepare a marinade based on mayonnaise. To make the dish perfect, use your own mayonnaise. Believe me, preparing the marinade is much easier than it seems. At the same time, tough meat will become softer and juicier.
- 1 kg. pork shoulder;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 1 large lemon;
- 100 ml. olive oil;
- 300 ml. sunflower oil;
- 1 gr. cayenne pepper;
- 2 tsp salt;
- 2 tsp mustard powder;
- 2 tbsp. l. sugar without a slide;
- 3 large onions;
- herbs for meat;
How to cook:
- The recipe for pork skewers will start with the preparation of the marinade.
- To prepare egg mayonnaise, break 2 chicken eggs into the bowl of an immersion blender, add salt, sugar, mustard, pepper and olive oil.
- Lower the whisk of the blender to the very bottom. Beat for a minute, then gradually add half the sunflower oil.
- Whisking constantly, add the juice of one large lemon.
- Gradually add the rest of the sunflower oil.
- Now let’s start preparing a simple pork skewers recipe. Cut the meat into medium-sized pieces.
- Peel the onion, cut into rings of medium thickness.
- Sprinkle the meat with spices, mix.
- Pour the pieces with mayonnaise, leave in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Aromatic pork skewers
Fragrant pork skewers at home are easy to prepare if you use the right set of spices. Be sure to follow the proportions if you are cooking for the first time. In the future, you can experiment, modifying the recipe to your own taste.
- 1 kg. collar;
- 1⁄2 tsp bay leaf;
- 4 tsp paprika;
- a pinch of cinnamon;
- 3 tsp cumin;
- 1⁄2 tsp ginger;
- 1/3 tsp red pepper;
- 1/3 tsp black pepper;
- 1⁄2 tsp nutmeg;
- 1/3 tsp white pepper;
- 2 tsp chopped basil (fresh or dry)
- 1 tsp coriander;
- 4 tbsp. l. olive (sunflower) oil;
- Add salt at the end to taste.
How to cook:
- With this recipe, cooking your own pork skewers is not difficult.
- Wash the meat, blot moisture with a napkin, cut into medium-sized pieces.
- Mix all dry ingredients (ground spices) in a bowl.
- Add oil, stir the resulting slurry.
- The easiest pork kebab recipe can be cooked in 6-8 hours. This time is enough for the meat to marinate in the refrigerator.
- Season with salt before serving and drizzle with lemon juice if desired.
Cooking the toughest meat soft
The easiest barbecue recipe is made from fresh meat. But what if you have to cook meat on a fire from a frozen, not quite suitable piece of meat? Do not despair, but rather write down the sequence of actions.
- 1.5 kg. meat;
- 3 glasses of 200 ml. dry red wine;
- 300 gr. homemade mayonnaise or sour cream;
- 3-4 large onions;
- Spices for meat, salt to taste.
How to cook:
- Now you will learn how to cook delicious pork skewers. The recipe for such pickling will help out in any unforeseen situation.
- Cut the meat into small pieces, pour wine over.
- Leave the meat in wine to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Make homemade mayonnaise based on sunflower oil, mustard and eggs. Butter and mustard are the ingredients that soften the meat well.
- You can also use fat sour cream or cream instead of mayonnaise.
- Onions will help to cook shish kebab at home from pork of special rigidity, softer. To do this, peel the onion, puree in a blender.
- Add mashed onion to cream or mayonnaise.
- Add spices, pepper. Stir, leave to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Add salt before serving.
Marinating barbecue in champagne
With champagne, you get the most delicious pork skewers. Marinade recipes may contain different spices. Add the ones that appeal to you the most. If using ready-made seasoning, make sure it does not contain salt.
- 2 kg. pork neck;
- 5 bulbs;
- 1 bottle of unsweetened champagne;
- herbs and spices to taste.
- In champagne, you get a delicious pork kebab, as in the photo. Sparkling wine makes the meat extraordinarily tender.
- For pickling, cut the meat into pieces, put in a glass or enameled container.
- Chop the onion, put to the meat.
- Add spices, mix ingredients.
- Pour the contents of the vessel with champagne, mix, marinate for an hour or more.