Pies are a fairly independent dish, an excellent addition to breakfast or a light snack. There is such a huge variety of them that you can try and admire them every day, especially if they are also useful.
Pumpkin is the queen of autumn, part of awesome soups, purees, juices and pies. Unusually tasty and healthy, it confidently wins the hearts of consumers.
Useful properties of pumpkin:
- source of vitamins B, E, PP
- contains trace elements, iron, magnesium, potassium
- high content of fiber, carotene and amino acids
- improves intestinal microflora
- raises immunity
- maintains skin and vision health
- contributes to the prevention of respiratory diseases
- help the liver work
- approved by nutritionists
Cottage cheese is one of the most complete and protein-rich foods. It is made from the milk of cows, goats, sheep. It can be fat and fat free, crumbly, grainy or soft. Since ancient times, people have been using it in their diet, curdling with the help of rennet, separating whey from the clot and making cottage cheese. There are 120 kcal per 100 grams of 5% product. It makes delicious toppings, desserts, appetizers, salads, cheesecakes and casseroles. It is very quickly and well absorbed, does not cause a feeling of heaviness.
Useful properties of cottage cheese:
- high calcium content
- prevention of osteoporosis and bone diseases
- improves the functioning of the cardiovascular system
- has a diuretic effect
- indicated for dietary nutrition
- allowed as early feeding
- pumpkin – 500 g.
- egg – 2 pcs.
- corn starch – 2 tbsp. spoons
- wheat flour – 1 cup
- cottage cheese – 300 g.
- honey – 3 tbsp. spoons
- powdered sugar – 50 g.
- lemon peel
- butter – 60 g.
- ground cinnamon – ½ teaspoon
Step by step recipe:
- peel the pumpkin, cut into small cubes, place in a saucepan
- pour 150 milliliters of water and put on fire
- cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes, until softened
- puree boiled pumpkin with a blender
- transfer to a convenient container, add one egg, honey and cinnamon
- add corn starch and sifted wheat flour
- add half of the softened butter
- knead not too thick dough
- put cottage cheese in another container
- add egg and icing sugar, mix well
- Peel the lemon zest and add to the curd mass
- prepare a round shape in advance, grease the surface with the remaining butter
- put 3 tablespoons of pumpkin dough in the center, then 3 tablespoons of curd filling
- alternately lay out the pumpkin dough and curd filling until the entire form is filled
- preheat oven to 180 degrees
- place the mold with the prepared cake
- bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on the characteristics of the oven
- readiness to check with a wooden skewer
Serve with hot freshly brewed tea or coffee. The aroma from baking will fill the entire space of your home and create additional comfort. Roasted pumpkin pie with honey and cinnamon combined with curd-lemon filling is an impressive and inimitable dessert.
Enjoy your meal!