An excellent dish for a festive table, various special occasions and romantic dinners is salmon in the oven, recipes allow you to cook fatty red fish quickly with minimal time and effort. Sea fish is an excellent product for those who want to improve their health, prolong youth and preserve beauty. Its tender and juicy meat contains a large amount of complete protein, various nutrients, and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Regular consumption of salmon in food will normalize weight, cleanse blood vessels and reduce the level of bad cholesterol.
Salmon belongs to useful fatty fish varieties. It is better to cook it in the oven. In this case, it will be possible to save the maximum of useful substances. In addition, the fish retains its juiciness and tenderness. Salmon is suitable for cooking even in cases where culinary skills leave much to be desired. It’s almost impossible to mess it up. It is best to buy chilled fish. It is much easier to work with her. In addition, during cooling, the nutrients remain unchanged, but with a quick freeze, some of them can be destroyed.
How delicious to cook salmon in the oven?
You can cook fish in the oven in different ways. If you want it to have a crispy crust, then it should be baked on a grate greased with vegetable oil. Juice will flow out of the fish during cooking, so place a baking sheet under the bottom of the grate.
Juicy salmon is obtained in foil. You can bake the fish as a whole, in separate pieces or steaks. In this case, it will not be possible to achieve crusts. But the meat will be incredibly tender. You can bake the fish on a baking sheet yourself or by adding vegetables. In the latter case, you get a full-fledged dish that can be served immediately after cooking.
How to cook salmon in a tender oven?
This recipe is good because it is served with tomato dressing. You can serve it with any side dish. Great for both grains and vegetables. In the correct version, the recipe is prepared with the addition of green fennel sprigs. But it is not always possible to find it on store shelves. Therefore, it is quite possible to replace the usual dill.
As for the salmon itself, you need to take the fillet without the skin! Ideally, we work with a chilled product, but if it is not available, then you can also take frozen fish, which we subject to slow defrosting on the top shelf of the refrigerator. If using steaks, remove the bones. Although this can be done after baking the fish.
- Salmon fillet – 600 grams;
- Tomatoes – 6 pieces of medium size;
- Lemon – 2 pieces;
- Dill – 1 bunch;
- Parsley – 1 large bunch;
- Celery stalk – 3 pieces;
- Chile – 1 piece;
- Garlic – 2 cloves;
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons;
- Salt, black pepper – to taste;
- Boiled water – about 2 cups.
- We begin the preparation of the dish with the preparation of chili peppers. It must be washed, dried, cleaned of the stalk, cut lengthwise into two halves. Using a sharp knife, remove the seeds and lintels. Cut the pepper into small pieces;
- Juice must be squeezed out of lemons. This can be done in any convenient way, either with a juicer or with a knife and a teaspoon;
- We wash the fillet, dry it and put it in a baking dish. We place celery stalks on it, a few sprigs of dill, salt, pepper, sprinkle with lemon juice. The fish must be marinated. This takes about 15-20 minutes;
- Pour the contents of the dish with water and send it to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes;
- While the fish is languishing in the oven, let’s prepare the dressing. To do this, wash the tomatoes and peel them. This can be done with a special knife for peeling vegetables or by scalding the fruit with boiling water;
- We cut the pulp of the tomato quite large;
- We chop the parsley and the remaining dill with a knife;
- We press the garlic with the wide side of the knife and send it to fry together with tomatoes with olive oil;
- Simmer the tomatoes for about 5-7 minutes. They should turn into sauce. As soon as the consistency is quite thick, remove the garlic from the pan, add chopped herbs, add salt and black pepper to taste. We remove the sauce from the heat and let it brew a little under a closed lid;
- Serve the fish fillet along with the sauce to the table.
If you like more aromatic spices, then parsley can be replaced with basil. The sauce will be richer in taste with spicy notes.
Creamy salmon in the oven: steak recipes
Incredibly tasty is the red fish, baked with cream. Not only bellies and fillets, but also steaks are perfect for this recipe. Only half an hour of time and incredibly juicy salmon with an amazing creamy taste will be on the table. It is better to complement the dish with vegetable side dishes. A salad of fresh vegetables and herbs is perfect.
Cream can be taken with any fat content. Salmon itself is a fatty fish. Therefore, cream can be used with a fat content of 10%. This will allow you to get the desired flavor and reduce the calorie content of the finished dish. As in the previous recipe, you can improve the taste characteristics with fresh dill. If desired, you can use other greens or refuse it altogether. In the latter case, the taste of the finished dish will be much simpler.
- Salmon steaks – 2 pieces;
- Cream 10% fat – 300 ml;
- Dill – 1 bunch of medium size;
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon;
- Salt and black pepper – to taste.
- We wash the steaks, dry them, salt and pepper a little. We withstand 5-7 minutes at room temperature;
- Lubricate the baking dish with vegetable oil and put the steaks in it;
- Fill the fish with cream. You can add a little more salt and pepper;
- Chop the dill and put it on the fish;
- We send the dish to bake for 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 200 degrees.
How to bake salmon in foil?
Incredibly juicy salmon turns out in foil in the oven, recipes involve the use of any parts of the fish carcass. You can bake fish immediately with vegetables. The result is a complete second course. The recipe includes mayonnaise, instead of which you can use classic yogurt. The dish is quite oily. At the same time, its taste characteristics are very high!
It is better to cook the dish in portions, that is, each piece should be baked separately. You can serve the dish by slightly opening the foil so that the cooking method is noticeable. During cooking, juice is formed in the foil, which can be used as a sauce.
- Salmon steaks – 4 pieces;
- Tomato – 1 large;
- Chopped dill – 1 tablespoon;
- Mayonnaise – 4 teaspoons;
- Hard cheese – 50 grams;
- Lemon – ½ pieces;
- Salt and black pepper – to taste;
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Wash the steaks in cold water, dry, sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Leave the fish to marinate for 10-15 minutes;
- My tomato, peel, cut into circles;
- We take 4 pieces of foil and put a steak in each, sprinkle with chopped dill, add tomato rings, grated cheese and a spoonful of mayonnaise;
- Spray the steaks with vegetable oil;
- We wrap the foil tightly;
- We send the fish to bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Nutritionists recommend including fish in the diet at least 2-3 times a week. Recipes from salmon are suitable in cases where there is no time to stand at the stove for a long time, but you want to treat yourself to something tender and appetizing. Fish goes well with seasonal vegetables, thanks to which it will be possible to make the dish even more healthy.